Parks Office Manager/Clerk (Full-Time)
Location: Clarksville Town Hall, 2000 Broadway, Suite 221, Clarksville, IN
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Salary Range: $27,705 – $34,570 plus health, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement plan
FLSA: Non Exempt
Under supervision of the Superintendent of Parks and Recreation, this position will provide essential administrative support to the department’s divisions, including: recreation, aquatics, golf, marketing and maintenance. The position will be responsible for the daily business operations of the department including, but not limited to: payroll, employee records, purchasing, daily cash management, program registration, facility reservations, and answering general and specific questions from the public. Must possess knowledge and understanding of computer operations, systems, and various software packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serves as the first point of contact with guests by phone, email and in person, tracks expenditures and collections, prepares payroll vouchers and tracks PTO’s, prepares minutes for board meetings, reconciles monthly reports, makes daily bank transactions, manages all office supply purchases, coordinates outgoing and incoming mail and performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required, post-secondary education preferred. Office bookkeeping experience required. Must be able to provide and meet the needs of the public on a daily basis in a professional and helpful manner, exercise discretion with sensitive and confidential information, and possess the knowledge of computer hardware and software programs. The successful candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Only qualified applicants should send resume and application to: Clarksville Parks & Recreation, ATTN: Selection Committee, 2000 Broadway Street, Suite 221, Clarksville, IN 47129 or email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until 4:00pm on July 10, 2017 or until filled. EOE
Clarksville Parks and Recreation Office
ATTN: Selection Committee
2000 Broadway Street, Suite 221
Clarksville, IN 47129.
The Clarksville Parks & Recreation Department is supported through the kindness of local volunteers. We are always looking for individuals interested in serving their community. If you are interested in any of the opportunities below, contact Ken Conklin at 812-283-5313.
You must be at least 16 years old to volunteer.
Green Thumb Club
• Show your support and help us keep our parks looking great by becoming a Green Thumb Club volunteer. These volunteers will assist us in maintaining and planting flower beds, caring for our wooded areas, and maintaining the condition of local plant life in our parks.
Special Events Crew
• This is a perfect opportunity for local teens and college students, but anyone is welcome. Throughout the year the Clarksville Parks Department hosts several events including our Fall Harvest Hayride, Easter Egg Hunt, Family Campout, Gobbler Games, and MORE! Duties can range from working a registration/welcome table and helping with set-up and tear-down, to running an activity or working a concession area.
• This is another great opportunity for area teens or college students. Do you have an interest in marketing? During the year, we set up marketing booths at dozens of community and schools events. We use these events to market our programs, while offering an activity such as our wiggle cars, bounce house, and mobile arcade basketball game. As a Marketing Master volunteer, you will help us spread the word about all the great programs the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department has to offer. You may learn something about marketing, and even have a little fun in the process. This experience would look great on a resume or college application!
• A great opportunity for retirees. If you are looking to help your community, but you are more suited for indoor/less strenuous work, this is perfect for you. Duties can range from answering phones, stuffing envelopes, filing, making copies, and even assisting customers at our service window.
Download Our Volunteer Application
Parks Summer Internship (Paid)
Under the supervision of the Programming Coordinator, Interns will provide assistance with the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of sports and recreation activities for people of all ages and abilities. Specific duties are discussed in interviews but may include the following: facilitating and/or instructing recreational activities, assisting with public marketing events/festivals, and working on projects in general program/office administration. Interns may also assist in operation of a public golf course and aquatic center. A primary function of this job is to ensure that each visitor/customer/participant receives the highest caliber service.
LOCATION: 2000 Broadway Street, Suite 221, Clarksville, IN 47129 | 812-283-5313
SUPERVISOR: Communications Director
• Assist in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating recreation activities, as listed above.
• Assist with preparing site and equipment for activity with proper clean up at the end of each activity.
• Inform Programming Coordinator of any program delivery issues or concerns, equipment concerns or equipment maintenance needs.
• Attend required program staff meetings and trainings.
• Enforce program policies and procedures.
• Wear issued uniform and adhere to dress code.
• Create a nurturing, positive and professional environment while promoting program policies and procedures amongst staff, volunteers and community.
• Communicate clearly, honestly, and respectfully with all staff, participants, parents, and volunteers.
• All other duties as specified.
• Commitment to a positive, fun and team-oriented working environment.
• Ability to work effectively with children and adults.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Completion of a background check & possession of a valid driver’s license.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be currently enrolled and taking classes in an accredited college or university, with the intent of obtaining a degree in Parks & Recreation, Sports Administration, Facility Management, or a related field.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
Interns are expected to work between 10-20 hours per week on programs and projects during normal office hours (8:30am – 4:30pm | Monday – Friday), with some weekend and evening programs/events. This is a PAID INTERNSHIP.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Complete and submit the internship application.
2. Attach a current resume related to the position for which you are applying.
3. Include up-to-date college transcripts (copies are acceptable).
4. Include any letters of reference/recommendation.
5. Length of the internship will be determined based on your College/University requirements.
6. Deadlines for submitting applications will be as follows:
March 1 - Summer Internship (May-August)
7. Whenever possible, applicants will receive an in-person interview; however, if location or other circumstances prohibit an in-person interview, a phone interview will be conducted.
8. You will be notified once you have been accepted for a position as an intern.
ALL INFORMATION SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Clarksville Parks & Recreation
ATTN: Ken Conklin
2000 Broadway Street, Suite 221
Clarksville, IN 47129
Phone: (812) 283-5313
Fax: (812) 288-1380
Download Internship Description
Download Internship Application