The Clarksville Parks & Recreation Department is proud to announce that it has adopted a new awareness campaign known as Parks Make Life Better!®
Originally created by the California Parks and Recreation Society, the Parks Make Life Better!® campaign is used to raise awareness of the benefits of parks and recreation, and to raise the status of parks and recreation as an essential community service. Specifically, parks and recreation make life better now and in the future by providing:
• Access to the serenity and inspiration of nature
• Outdoor space to play and exercise
• Facilities for self-directed and organized recreation
• Positive alternatives for youth which help lower crime and mischief
• Activities that facilitate social connections, human development, therapy, the arts and lifelong learning
In short, parks and recreation services make Hoosiers' lives better.